COMPLETE JOURNEY OF LADAKH – 07 NIGHTS/08 DAYS
Leh, Ladakh is the largest province within the North Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir. It is surrounded and bisected by some of the highest mountain ranges in the world. Running in a generally northwest to southeast direction through Ladakh, the great Himalayan Range separates the valley of Kashmir from Ladakh.
You will be met upon arrival by a representative who will transfer you to your hotel in Leh. Upon arrival, proceed for check-in at your hotel. Remainder of the day will be for rest to acclimatize.
Since you are reaching an altitude of 4000mtrs approx from 200mtrs in just one hour’s time, you may be excited and would want to explore everything very first day however it is your body which needs to get acclimatized to such height and climate. We sincerely suggest that you rest on the first day for body acclimatization. Overnight stay in Leh.
After breakfast visit for local sightseeing of Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Hill, Sangam View where Indus & Zanskar River meet.
- The Hall of Fame: Located near the Leh Airfiled, is a museum constructed as well as maintained by the Indian Army in the memory of the soldiers who had lost their lives during the Indo-Pak wars. It is also termed as a memorial for the war heroes. This building consists of two floors. While on the ground floor, there is information about the brave soldiers and a souvenir shop but on the first floor, there are artefacts of various wars (mainly Kargil war) such as the weapons used during the war and some important documents, related to the same. There is another section dedicated to the Siachen glacier.
- Gurdwara Shri Pathar Sahib : It is situated on the Srinagar-Leh Road, 25kms before the Leh. It is very beautiful and it was created in memory of the founder of Sikh religion and the first guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- Magnetic Hill : It is a so-called “gravity hill” located near Leh in Ladakh, India. The “Magnet Hill” is located on the Leh-Kargil-Srinagar national highway, about 30 km from Leh, at a height of 11,000 feet above sea level. On its south side flows the Indus, which originates in Tibet and goes to Pakistan. The magnetic hill has become a popular stop for domestic tourists on car journeys. The alignment of the road with the slope of the background can give the illusion that cars are able to drift upwards.
- Sangam Valley: It is a 48 kilometre drive from Leh and is the confluence of the rivers Indus and Zanskar. Just the view of Sangam Valley from the road above it can make you swoon in ecstasy. The colours of the two rivers can be distinctly seen at the confluence. It is an amazing place to sit, relax, and enjoy a picnic with family and friends. Overnight stay in Leh.
After breakfast at hotel drive towards Nubra valley. Popularly known as Dorma or “the valley of flowers” via Khardungla Pass – the world’s one of the highest motorable road (5602 mts). On arrival, check-in to your Hotel.
Later in the afternoon, visit the Diskit Monastery and the giant statue of Maitreya Buddha which is the tallest Buddha statue in Ladakh. Later visit the white sand dunes at Hunder where you can enjoy the Double Humped Bactrian camel ride (ride on direct payment basis). Overnight stay in Nubra.
After breakfast you will leave for Leh on the same route to Nubra. Afternoon you will we taken to visit Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace.
- Shanti Stupa : Located on the hilltop at Changspa. The Stupa was constructed by a Japanese Buddhist organization, known as ‘The Japanese for World Peace’. The aim behind the construction of the Stupa was to commemorate 2500 years of Buddhism and to promote World Peace.
- Leh Palace: Built in the 17th century, it was built as the residential palace for the King Singge Namgyal. Much smaller but resembling the Potala in Lhasa, Leh Palace is now in ruins. It has nine storeys and has been deserted since the royal family shifted to the Stok Palace in 1830s. Overnight stay in Leh.
After breakfast leave for full day excursion to Pangong Lake. This route takes the visitor past the picturesque villages of Shey and Thiksey. The Ladakh rang is crossed by the Chang-la (18,000 feet / 5,475 M) which despite its great elevation is one of the easier passes, remaining open for much of the year even in winter, apart from periods of actual snowfall.
Pangong Lake, situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 M). A long narrow basin of inland drainage, hardly six to seven kilometers at its widest point to which foreigners are permitted, is only some seven km along the southern shore from the head of the lake, but it affords spectacular views of the mountains of the Changchenmo range to the north, their reflection shimmering in the ever-changing blues and greens of the lakes brackish water. Above Spangmik are the glacier and snow-capped peaks of the Pangong range. Overnight stay in Pangong.
After breakfast leave for walk at Pangong Lake, a highest salt water lake in the World, shared by two countries India (25%) & China (75%), enjoy the beauty of lake on banks of the lake while appreciating the changing colours of fascinating high altitude lake. Drive back to Leh covering Shey Palace, Thikseymonasteries, Sindhu Ghatand 3 Idiot’s School.
- Shey Palace (15kms south of Leh): Was built by DeldanNamgyal in the beginning of 17th century AD. The main image in the monastery is three story statue of Buddha Shakamuni, made of copper gilt which was made by DeldanNamgyal in the memory of his father SingayNamgyal. The statue is the only of its kind in the region.
- Thiksey Gompa (17kms south of Leh): The most beautiful in all the monasteries in Ladakh, belongs to the Gelukspa order. Overnight stay in Leh.
Today’s day is free for leisure activities, you can enjoy shopping and strolling in the markets of Leh. Explore the town on your own. Overnight stay in Leh.
After early breakfast, check-out of the hotel and we transfer you to the Leh airport for your onward flight. The trip ends with extremely fond memories and an experience you will cherish for a life time.
- 07 Nights Accommodation at Specified Hotels.
- Sightseeing Tours/Transfers as per the itinerary.
- All Hotel Breakfast and Dinner Meal (MAP Basis).
- Inner line permits for Nubra and Pangong.
- Inclusive of services.
The Cost Excludes –
- Expenses of personal nature such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone, Table Drinks & portage etc.
- International and Internal Airfare.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any joy ride and excursion.
|Price Per Person||Standard||Deluxe|
|Based on 02 Pax||Rs 24,000/-||Rs 26,000/-|
|Based on 04 Pax||Rs 20,000/-||Rs 22,000/-|
|Based on 06 Pax||Rs 16,000/-||Rs 18,000/-|
|Child With Bed||Rs 14,000/-||Rs 12,000/-|
|Child Without Bed||Rs 12,000/-||Rs 10,000/-|
Booking and Payment –
You may pay 100% of the total holiday cost to confirm your package but we are also ok with 50% initial payment. On receiving the filled booking form and initial 50% payment of holiday cost from guest, a confirmation invoice will be forwarded to you. Hotel confirmation vouchers shall be released within a specific time period and remaining 50% payment has to be cleared at that time. If the remaining 50% payment is not received within 3 days from the day hotel vouchers has been released we may treat the booking as cancelled. We will retain your deposit.
Changes or cancellation of your holiday –
All the places to be visited are subject to climatic conditions. In very rare cases we might need to change your holiday program due to unforeseen conditions, we reserve the right to do so. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday arrangements if it’s beyond our control for example war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions etc. No refund is done in such cases.
Knock Himachal Tours reserves the right to shuffle your itinerary as per the availability of the hotels at the time of booking. In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel.
Cancellation Charges –
Cancellation stage: 10 or more days prior to departure.
In case you have paid 100% of the package cost as the initial booking amount or 50% of the package cost as the initial booking amount. 40% shall be refunded in the first case and 20% in the later case.
Cancellation stage: less than 10 days prior to departure.
No refund will be provided upon cancellation done within 10 days before departure.
If you have a complaint on any of the services during the trip, you may immediately get in contact with our local guide or representative, who will do his all possible to resolve the problem. If you feel your issue is still not resolved, our team is always there to coordinate and chalk out the best solution in coordination with you.